2016 SCHEDULE UPDATE!
Post date: May 13, 2016 3:39:12 PM
Greetings, HMKers! I can’t believe that we are only ONE WEEK AWAY FROM HYPE DAY!!!! As we finish preparations for our first meeting on May 21st (1-4 PM), please be prepared for a variety of contacts from our staff as well as the HBBC (Hempfield Band Booster Club)!
Summer Schedule Adjustments
Rationale: Our Summer Schedule has remained the same over the past few years due to the consistency that we have had with staff availability. When the original schedule was posted in January, we were operating under the assumption that we would once again be dealing with the same instructional team and would need to cater to their schedules in order to provide the best instruction for our students (specifically, we needed to be as early as possible to avoid Danny’s In-Service dates in the Reading SD). As we experience a turnover in leadership, it is essential that evaluate our summer schedule in order to maximize our efficiency and effectiveness. Please note the following adjustments:
> Summer Percussion Sectionals moved to MONDAY nights (06.06, 06.13, 06.20, 06.27, 07.11, 07.18, 07.25)
- Staff availability
- Building availability (not sharing space with Color Guard)
> Removal of Summer Ensembles (Wednesday Night Rehearsals) on 06.29, 07.06, and 07.13 (9 Hours)
- “Prime” dates for Vacations already submitted
- Time can be better spent during Training Camp Week 2 (08.19) as we work to finish our competitive product with a full staff!
- Dates can still be used for “off-site” sectionals scheduled by section leaders!
> Revised Training Camp Dates - Move to 08.08-08.11, 08.15-08.19 (9-5)
- The earlier camp was established two years ago to work specifically with the schedules of staff members involved with the group at that time.
- Due to increased staff involvement in Drum Corps International (and DCI Finals running a week later than usual this year), we run the risk of being severely understaffed if we run with our original dates.
- The new schedule moves Camp dates closer to the start of school…yay!
- Friday added on 08.19 in order to makeup for Removed Summer Ensemble Rehearsals
Absences: Based on the information that Mrs. Gumble has received regarding planned absences due to vacations, the revised schedule should actually work better for the majority of our membership! With that being said, please communicate any new attendance issues as a result of these changes with Mrs. Gumble (email@example.com).
Thank you for your time and GET PUMPED FOR 2016! :)